Taquitos!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

We LOVE taquitos.  I mean, LOVE them.  Unfortuantely, a box only lasts us one meal between all four of us.  The MTI can eat about 10, the boys 4 each and I get the rest...which isn't that many.  So, here is what I came up with!


What you need:
Flour tortillas(or if you like corn)
Chicken
taco seasoning
chili powder
salt
garlic salt
pepper
oinion powder
butter
shredded cheese
black beans(drained)
salsa


What you do:
I cooked 5 chicken breasts all day in 2C of water and 1/2C of taco seasoning.  Sprinkled salt and chili powder into the crock pot, on low for 8 hours(I usually do this before hand and freeze it so its thaw and cook type thing).

Shred the chicken(with a fork, I used the food processor).  Add more taco seasoning(to taste) and serendipity(this is where the garlic salt, salt, pepper and onion powder comes in, just a shake of each).  Stir. 


Add drained black beans. Stir, then add 6tbsp of salsa(I couldn't get a picture of this because I had to hurry up and stir before The MTI saw-shhhhh!).



Heat oven to 425* and butter one side of the tortillas.  Brown lightly in a pan until golden brown.



Fill tortilla on the UNbrowned side and sprinkle cheese on top.

Roll and place on a cookie sheet(ungreased).  Bake at 425* for 8 minutes, or until they are crispy(8min worked just fine in my oven).
I served it with spanish rice and my cream cheese/salsa mixture(no picture of the mixture, but it's that good!).


If I didn't have a picky eater(The MTI), I would have cooked the chicken with green chilles and rotel.  But, I do, so yeah.

The boys loved it and The MTI ate like 6 of them!  YUMMY!

A' la Amanda

0 comments: