Mexi Pockets

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I went to costco a couple weeks ago, and bought a package of crescent rolls. It came with 4 packs of em... Well, there are 3 of us that eat real food, and really... only Big and I eat any significant amount as of late. So I was thinking i needed to figure out what the heck to make to use these puppies up. And then it came to me.... Make little hot pocket type things! So we did :) I just did my filling for quesadillas, plop some in the middle, wrapped and baked. They were DELISH. and both my boys ate an ENTIRE "pocket"! I say success if i can get Middle to eat it!  Bon A petite!

What you need:

1 can chicken
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can corn
1/2 jar salsa- i use the 15 ouncers so you'll need roughly 8 ounces
1/2 can ro-tel- i used the lime juice and cilantro, and think it made a HUGE difference!
1/2 package of taco seasoning
2 packages of crescent rolls

What to do:

Put your chicken in about half its juices into a large skillet. add taco seasoning. Heat until chicken is warmed through, and well seasoned. Add salsa, and all canned ingredients. Mix



Roll out your crescents into 8 rectangles- they come in triangles, so do 2 triangles per rectangle- 


spoon some mix into the center, 


sprinkle with cheese, 


fold edges over. 


Bake at 375 until golden brown. i think it was about 12-15 minutes. serve with sour cream and spanish rice.


0 comments: