Slow Cooker Sgetti with Chicken!

Friday, May 7, 2010

So a friend of mine told me she was making this one day, and being pregnant, I HAD to have it.  I'll post the recipe how she gave it to me, and then at the bottom I'll put the organic tweeks for my fellow greeners :) It was absolutely DELISH, and my boys LOVED it. I served mine up with a caesar salad and some homemade garlic bread sticks. MMMMMM good thing there are leftovers!

*no pictures, its so easy, that I really couldn't figure out when to take em! Next time i make it and dish it i'll take a picture of the plated version tho.

What you need:
1 Jar your favorite sgetti sauce- without meat
1 pkg McCormicks slow cooker Italian and Herb Chicken
1 lb chicken
1 pkg sgetti noodles- or whatever kinda noodles you want, we did whole wheat penne since thats Eli's preference

What to do:

Put your sgetti sauce and your seasoning packet into the crock pot. Stir. Add chicken. Cover and let simmer until chicken is cooked through. I did chicken strips, and they cook faster, mine were done in about 3.5-4 hours i think, if you do chicken boobs it will take longer tho, about 5 hours is my best guess (per my girlfriends advise). Cook your noodles as directed on package. Drain, Rinse, Plate. Then add your sauce and chicken, sprinkle with parm cheese and DEVOUR. and you will devour it. it is THAT good.

ORGANIC subs
~I buy an organic sgetti sauce, but if you'd like you can make your own.
~Instead of doing the seasoning packet, you can just add your own spices, basil, parsely, oregano, italian seasoning, whatever you like. Add about 5-7 TBSP TOTAL and call it good.

0 comments: