Pork Chop Bliss

Saturday, May 1, 2010




So, I think I have made chops about 4 times my entire life. I've never been able to get them to stay juicy. I've tried a few different recipes, and just never had any success. Well, I decided to try again, simply because I am sick of chicken all the time. I googled up to see what sounded good for chops, and found one i thought was worthy of trying, and then tweeked it. This is what we came up with... Not many pics this time, it was THAT easy that I didn't take step by step pics....

What you need:
for the chops:
1/4 C lemon juice
2 TBSP veggie oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless pork chops
for the sauce:
1 C half and half
1/4 C butter
1 1/4 C parmesan cheese
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 TBSP lemon juice

What to do:

In a gallon size ziplock bag, combine lemon juice, veggie oil, garlic, salt, italian seasoning, and pepper. Then add your pork chops. Zip the bag closed and marinate a MINIMUM of 2 hours. You can marinate as long as over night if you want to. I did mine for 3 hours. Every half hour i'd go to the fridge, flip them and kind of massage them to get the marinade good and worked in.

Once your done marinating, you can either do them on the grill over medium high heat, or broil them. I broiled them because my grill extraordinaire is out to sea. I did them on the third row rack, and did about 10 minutes on side one, flipped em and then did about 8 minutes on side two. Mine were still slightly pink in the middle, but the juice ran clear, so i knew they were done. AND OH SO JUICY!!

While they cook, make your sauce. Add your half and half, and butter to a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic, and lemon juice and whisk. add your cheese and whisk again. Mine always ends up a little lumpy, because of the amount of cheese thats in it, but its delicious anyways. I use this on noodles too. Its kind of my go to white sauce. Pour some over your pork and enjoy!

0 comments: