Southwest Chicken

Monday, April 19, 2010


With Jamie being gone, I tend to cook less complex dishes for me and the boys. This is one that I have made several times and am impressed with every time. I forgot about it till my mama sent me a cook book that she made with "Montgomery's Southwest Chicken" in it. So happy she did. It was a BIG hit tonight!

What you need:

4 chicken breasts- i use tenders, they cook in about half the time
1 C salsa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg cream cheese, cut into squares.

What to do: Are you ready for this? Its pretty complicated.....

Thaw chicken.

Dump black beans into the crock pot.
Dump corn in

Add your cup of salsa

Add your taco seasoning

Now add in your cream cheese squares

Mix it up

Add your chicken

I gently cover my chicken with the sauce, and cover.

Cook on low for 4 hours ( if your using breasts, the tenders cook in about 2, I let mine go for about 3.5 today)

Serve it up! We like our served over white rice, and topped with cheese and sour cream.

0 comments: